Position: Security Engineer II
Duration: 6 month contract with option to hire
Location: Marietta, GA
DCS Security engineer to deploy Symantec Data Center Security tool, configure, manage, support and protect the High risk applications and Servers. Manage complex and large technical environment by working with the Infrastructure support teams and application teams to build Prevention policies.
- Deploy Symantec Data Center Security Server Technology for Global availability, provide security hardening of Servers and Applications
- Establish baseline for “normal” behavior within the network and define thresholds by which automated alerting is triggered. Configure automated alerts and notifications throughout the environment for potential security breaches
- Establish dynamic provisioning of application-level security for newly created virtual workloads, provide Operational and Sustainment support reduce the resources impact associated with scanning and definition file updates.
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots problems with the Microsoft and Linux O/S, coordinates with client management to formulate complex technical solutions
- Evaluates products and upgrades for appropriateness, oversees and implements system upgrade strategies. Leads the design, implementation, and maintenance of complex solutions. Coordinates activities with other technical personnel as appropriate
- Develops and analyzes highly complex system standards, thresholds, and recommendations to maximize system performance. Conducts capacity planning reviews with management and approves capacity plans formulated by less experienced personnel
- Develops strategies to manage the frequency of appropriate support package/patch application, monitors database maintenance and provides appropriate recommendations, when required.
- Extensive experience with Symantec Data Center Security (Symantec DCS) product deployment, configuration, policy creation/modifications.
- PowerShell script or equivalent demonstrated experience
- Database Administration Skills MS SQL
- Accuracy and attention to detail, must have organizational skills, Independent problem solver with troubleshooting, decision making and analytical skills, requires limited supervision, self-starter.
- Flexibility and adaptability to handle competing work demands
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate to nontechnical audience on technical issues
- 4-5 Years of working experience with Symantec DCS Product
- Create/Modify the DCS Policy with Zero-day attacks and can perform Malware analysis with impacts.
- 4-5 years of automation skills using PowerShell scripts
- 2-3 years working experience on MS-SQL Servers
- Symantec DCS Certification (Preferable but not required)