Position: Security Engineer II
Number of positions: 1
Location: Marietta, GA
Duration: 6+ Months Contract
Motivated Network Security Engineer II who will act as a network security subject matter expert to lead engineering efforts in securing our digital assets, data, and apps deployed in the cloud and on-prem. The network security engineer is expected to work independently with internal and external clients as well as senior management on detection, prevention, response, and mitigation of emerging cyber threats/attacks targeting at the First Data global networks.
- Subject Matter Expert responsible for design and implementation of network security architectural framework, best practices, and compliance requirements.
- Identify and implement defense-in-depth network analytics technologies and solutions.
- Ensure best security practices, and provide technical consulting on the use of firewall, access control, intrusion detection and prevention, malware analysis, and threat correlation.
- Monitor, collect, correlate, and identify security related logs, events, and data at different layers.
- Perform research to identify and analyzing emerging cloud threats and attacks.
Scope of Job:
- Subject matter expert with broad and in-depth knowledge of network security challenges, technologies, tools, and best practices.
- Coach and mentor other team members.
- Works independently works with functional and business units to execute projects.
- 5+ years of related IT experience with significant job responsibilities tied to networking environments
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience and appropriate certifications
- Expert knowledge of network protocols, OS, and/or cloud security
- Experience with network security and analytics
- Familiar with Symantec Analytics, RSA NetWitness, IDS/IPS
- Knowledge of PCI and other industry compliance standards
- Experience with network protocol analysis, and malware analysis
- Coding experience
- Good understanding of business, technology, and tradeoffs