Security Engineer II
Position: Security Engineer II
Number of positions: 1
Location: Marietta, GA
Duration: 6+ Months Contract
This is Senior Engineering Position for an experienced and technical security professional to focus on the encryption strategies and technologies within a complex and technical environment. This candidate will be an Encryption Engineer II. The candidate should possess a broad-based and in-depth knowledge of Encryption technologies and concepts, along with complex security technologies, tools and methodologies. The candidate will implement encryption technologies and programs globally. The candidate must have a strong technical security background, be able to work with people internationally, communicate effectively and understand encryption methodology and how to apply in a large diverse environment. The candidate must also be capable of working multiple projects simultaneously and expertise implementing solutions on a global basis.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Candidate must be highly ethical and act honorably, honestly, responsibly, and legally.
- Candidate must be able to weigh business needs against security concerns and articulate issues to customers and management.
- Candidate must have advanced knowledge and understanding of encryption technologies and methodologies.
- Candidate will need to have experience in design, and implementation of encryption services for a diverse global environment.
- The ideal candidate will possess a strong working knowledge of Data Encryption, Digital Certs and PKI.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience presenting information to groups.
- Candidate must have strong analytical, technical, and problem solving skills.
- Candidate must be able to manage time and priorities with multiple tasks and projects.
- Candidate must demonstrate leadership qualities and skills, including independent decision-making abilities.
- Candidate must be able to work with other engineers and departments in a positive, goal-directed manner.
Candidate Requirements Security Knowledge:
- Windows and UNIX/Linux/AIX/Mainframe
- Defense in depth strategies and how global security infrastructures and services are deployed.
- Network security fundamentals.
- Knowledge of network protocols, data flows, and vulnerabilities within a TCP/IP environment.
- Knowledge of Data Protection/Data Security programs and concepts
- Knowledge of Data Centric Security Models and Methodology
- A solid understanding of Hardware Security Managed technologies with actual experience of Encryption technologies such as Vormetric, Voltage, PkWare or Thales Key Authority encryption products a plus.
- A solid understanding of Database Access Monitoring/Database Firewall technologies with actual experience in resolution of security incidents or operation of Splunk, Palintir or Imperva products preferred.
- Fundamental knowledge of firewalls, networks, operating systems, databases, and storage preferred
- Experience with Mainframe Systems and/or Open Systems preferred
- Security Product Knowledge:
- Data Loss Prevention
- EFTPS Statement
- Requires 4+ years of related technical and business experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience and/or Certifications.
- CISSP or specialized GIAC certification is preferred.