Security Engineer II
Marietta - GA
Posted 4 years ago
Position: Security Engineer II
Number of positions: 1
Location: Marietta, GA
Duration: 6+ Months Contract
- Subject Matter Expert responsible for design and implementation of deception architectural framework, vulnerability scanning, best practices, and compliance requirements.
- Identify and implement defense-in-depth network- and endpoint-deception technologies and solutions.
- Ensure best security practices, and provide technical consulting on the use of deception, access control, intrusion detection and prevention, malware analysis, and threat correlation.
- Monitor, collect, correlate, and identify security related logs, events, and data at different layers.
- Perform research to identify and analyzing emerging cloud threats and attacks.
Scope of Job:
- Subject matter expert with broad and in-depth knowledge of network- and endpoint-deception challenges, technologies, tools, and best practices.
- Coach and mentor other team members.
- Works independently works with functional and business units to execute projects.
- 5+ years of related IT experience with significant job responsibilities tied to network- and endpoint-deception environments
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience and appropriate certifications
- Expert knowledge of network protocols, OS, and/or cloud security
- Experience with network and endpoint security
- Familiar with honeypots, and Attivo deception
- Knowledge of PCI and other industry compliance standards
- Experience with network protocol analysis, and malware analysis
- Coding experience
- Good understanding of business, technology, and tradeoffs