Position: Security Engineer II
Duration: 6 month contract with option to hire
Location: Marietta, GA
Comments: This position is focusing on somebody with expert Network and Cloud Security experience.
Symantec Cloud Security (Or McAfee SkyHigh), AWS, Google Cloud, MS Azure and general scripting skills.
Senior Cloud Security Engineer
Client’s Global Data Protection is seeking for a motivated Cloud Engineer II who will act as a cloud security subject matter expert to lead engineering efforts in securing our digital assets, data, and apps deployed in the cloud and on-prem. The security engineer is expected to work independently with internal and external clients as well as senior management on detection, prevention, response, and mitigation of emerging cyber threats/attacks targeting at the First Data global networks.
- Subject Matter Expert responsible for design and implementation of cloud security architectural framework, best practices, and compliance requirements.
- Identify and implement defense-in-depth cloud technologies and solutions.
- Ensure best security practices, and provide technical consulting on the use of cloud access security broker, firewall, access control, intrusion detection and prevention, malware analysis, and threat correlation.
- Monitor, collect, correlate, and identify security related logs, events, and data at different layers.
- Perform research to identify and analyzing emerging cloud threats and attacks.
Scope of Job
- Subject matter expert with broad and in-depth knowledge of cloud security challenges, technologies, tools, and best practices.
- Coach and mentor other team members.
- 5+ years of related IT experience with significant job responsibilities tied to networking and cloud environments
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience and appropriate certifications
- Expert knowledge of network protocols, OS, and/or cloud security
- Experience with cloud security in AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud
- Familiar with CloudWatch, CloudTrail, CloudSOC, or similar tools
- Working knowledge of WAF, Splunk, ELK, or ArcSight
- Knowledge of PCI and other industry compliance standards
- Experience with Office365, salesforce, or similar SaaS apps
- Coding experience
- Good understanding of business, technology, and tradeoffs