Position: Hadoop Administrator
Number of positions: 1
Location: Omaha, NE
Duration: 8 Months Contract
The Hadoop administrator is responsible for the care, maintenance, administration and reliability of the Hadoop ecosystem. The role will be responsible to work as part of 24×7 shifts (US hours) to provide Hadoop Platform Support and Perform Administrative on Production Hadoop clusters. The role includes ensuring system security, stability, reliability, capacity planning, recover ability (protecting business data) and performance. In addition to providing new system and data management solution delivery to meet the growing and evolving data demands of the enterprise.
- Hadoop administrator using Cloudera, Administers Hadoop technology and systems responsible for backup, recovery, architecture, performance tuning, security, auditing, metadata management, optimization, statistics, capacity planning, connectivity and other data solutions of Hadoop systems
- Responsible for installation and ongoing administration of Hadoop infrastructure.
- Propose and deploy new hardware and software environments required for Hadoop and to expand existing environments as the need arises. Provision new users, groups and roles and setting up Kerberos principals using Active Directory.
- Addition and deletion of nodes from Hadoop clusters. Monitoring Hadoop eco-system.
- Log Files and file systems management. HDFS, storage management and capacity planning.
- Troubleshooting application errors.
- Ensure the High Availability of Hadoop clusters. Responsible for data movement in and out of Hadoop clusters.
- Perform Backup and recovery for metastore databases and configuration files.
- Data modeling, designing and implementation of HIVE, Impala SQL tables.
- Installing patches and upgrading software as and when needed.
- Automation of manual tasks. Data Lake and Data Warehousing design and development.
- Health check of all the Hadoop clusters.
- Thorough knowledge of Hadoop overall architecture, its key components such as HDFS, YARN, Sqoop, HIVE, Impala, Spark, Cloudera Manager etc.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with Data Engineers, Data Scientists, system administrators, storage administrators, network team, vendors etc.
- A solid background in Linux shell scripting and system administration.
- Excellent communication and Problem solving skills
- Ability to work with Senior Enterprise Architects to develop a Big Data platform
- 10+ year experience in large-scale Relational database administration dealing with data warehousing systems
- 4+ year experience in Hadoop (Cloudera preferred)
- Hadoop Certification is preferred