Position: Golden Gate Architect
Number of positions: 1
Duration: 6 months Contract
Location: Wilmington – DE, Atlanta – GA and Hagerstown – IN
A highly skilled Golden Gate Architect with extensive experience performing SharePlex and Oracle Golden Gate replication. The current replication environment consists of at least eighty-three (83) SharePlex instances configured on five (5) Oracle databases over two (2) sites. Two OLTP databases and one reporting database reside at one site while one OLTP and one reporting repository reside at the other. We are looking for someone to perform administration, solution design, implementation and support to convert the replication processes from the SharePlex engine to Oracle Goldengate’s.
- Experience performing SP to OGG conversions.
- Experience with CDR design and implementation. He/she must be able to work closely with the app dev teams to define the business rules needed for CDR, design the scheme and implement it.
- Ensure that the candidate has experience with SharePlex and Oracle Goldengate
- Must have 5-8+ years of Golden Gate install, config, DB migration, tuning, documentation, production go-live assistance
- Excellent Communication Skills spoken and written. Should be able to communicate with Application developers and c-level executives.
- Extensive database design experience
- Minimum 5+ years of hands-on experience with relational databases and JDBC
- Deep understanding of Oracle internal Architecture, Oracle GoldenGate replication, SharePlex replication and Oracle HA database implementations
- Skilled in both uni- and in bi-directional replication with Conflict Detection and Resolution as well as complex Oracle troubleshooting.
Additional Skills (Nice to have):
- Understanding of database data encryption at rest and in transit.
- Working knowledge of enterprise class SAN and NAS solutions.
- Java, Unix/Linux shell scripting experience is preferred
- Experience migrating from Oracle to other databases is a plus
- Basic knowledge about middleware (ex. WebLogic, WebSphere, JBOSS) is a plus