Title: EMC Documentation Administrator
Location: Fishers, IN
Contract: 12 months Contract
The EMC Documentum Administrator is responsible for the engineering, deployment, and administration activities of EMC’s Document Management tools including Documentum Content Server, Webtop, xCP, and Captiva InputAccel. This includes working as part of a team as the lead Documentum architect in areas of system design, interfacing with external information systems, and performing application administration and upgrades.
Candidate will be expected to do the following:
- Administer numerous Documentum servers, repositories, and work with interfacing teams to implement new projects.
- Configure and administer the EMC Document Management tools including Documentum Content Server 7.1 or later), Webtop (6.7), xCP1.x, xCP2.x/16.x, and Captiva InputAccel (6.5,7.1,7.7).
- Configure and administer the Linux OS where Documentum software is managed.
- Evaluate and perform upgrades to the document management toolset.
- Perform proof of concept design and testing for new application integration initiatives and to introduce additional EMC document management capabilities to the operational environment
- Analyze business processes and recommend approaches to use and apply to the EMC Document Management suite
- Assist in the development and implementation of high-availability, business continuity, and disaster recovery strategies for EMC Documentum environments
- Perform capacity planning and maintain performance benchmarks
- Provide guidance and training to developers using DFC and Documentum Web Services
- Apply formal SDLC methodologies and IT governance
- Understanding of Linux and OS commands (to support Documentum)
- Expert experience with Documentum Content Server v6.x and/or 7.x (preferred) on high availability platforms
- Expert experience designing and developing xCP solutions
- Strong understanding of EMC Documentum Server architecture and components
- Ideal candidate will have experience with EMC Webtop and Captiva InputAccel
- Knowledge of Java software development including Documentum Foundation Class and web service programming is highly preferred but not required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related studies, or equivalent experience.
- 5 or more years of progressively challenging experience in a similar IT environment
- 3 or more years of experience with Documentum Content Server administration
- 3 or more years of experience with Linux administration
Must possess the ability to self-direct work efforts, meet deadlines, and produce consistent high-quality work. Candidate is expected to be a strong team player with excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to problem solve effectively, and to think logically. Must be flexible, adaptable to change, and able to multi task in a fast-paced environment.