Position: DLP Security Engineer II
Number of positions: 1
Location: Marietta, GA
Duration: 6 Months Contract
The DLP Security Engineer will perform analysis and triage on activities and incidents within the data protection environment including, but not limited to Symantec DLP and Bay Dynamics Risk Fabric. This position is responsible for coordinating efforts with DLP Engineering and escalations to Cyber Investigations. This position will provide incident and policy analysis for existing controls and help drive expansion for greater data visibility & loss prevention technologies in the information security environment. In addition, drive to improve the fidelity of the UBA engine that powers the program. The security engineer is expected to work independently with internal clients and management on information security issues and reporting. In addition, the candidate should have a firm grasp on data loss protection concepts and incident analysis and be able to relay findings as needed.
- Strong technical, analytical skills. Be able to evaluate activity and data and derive at conclusions.
- Excellent work ethic and drive (self driven), and organization abilities
- Fundamental knowledge of end user technologies (email, web browsing, printing) and how they work at a technical level
- Previous data loss prevention or Incident Response experience.
- Fundamental knowledge of manipulating and reporting data
Nice to Haves:
- 5+ years of technical experience in a security related environment
- Strong leadership qualities and a polished professional presence
- Explicit technical experience/understanding of DLP, DB monitoring, endpoint security tool sets, cloud security monitoring platforms, SIEM platforms, and OLAP cubes
- Scripting and automation experience
- Exceptional communication skills, written and verbal