Position: Data Architect
Number of positions: 1
Location: Omaha, NE
Duration: 8 Months Contract
- Big Data Engineer, with expertise in solutions for processing large volumes of data, using tools ETL, BI and Big Data platforms. Proven experience of at least 3-4 years in designing and development of different processes around Big Data platforms. Hadoop Distribution: Cloudera Hadoop – Hands–on experience in Big Data solutions (Hadoop Ecosystem) ETLs and Data Marts. – Hadoop Framework Experience: Hive, Impala Kerberos, HDFS, Kafka, Spark, will be valued. Knowledge and experience working with ETL solutions – Talend, – Understanding of cluster and parallel architecture as well as high-scale or distributed RDBMS, SQL experience – Understanding of major programming/scripting languages like Java, Linux and/or Python/Scala Also valuable: – Real-Time analytics and BI platforms such as Tableau Software – Other professional skills: – To be able to work in teams with different disciplines – To be a self-managed person – To be able to perform detailed analysis of business problems and use designing in Big Data solutions – To be able to work creatively in a problem-solving environment – To be able to do the analysis, processing and visualization of data for processing large volumes of data
- Big data engineer will translate logs and data from various data ingestion, storage, and viz applications to present in a front end tool.
- The role will also be responsible to assist with Hadoop Platform Support and Perform Administrative on Production Hadoop clusters.
- At least 8 years of experience with Information Technology.
- At least 7 years of experience in Project life cycle activities on development and maintenance projects.
- At least 4 years of experience in developing Data Warehouse and ETL in Talend ETL environment
- At least 4 years of experience in Java, Unix scripting, Oracle SQL
- At least 3 years of experience in Clourdera, Hive, Spark, from dev-op, to designing/architecting a secure Big Data environment
- Proficient with SQL, Complex SQL Tuning etc.
- Hands on experience in Talend Big Data edition and solutions is a strong plus
- Experience in Relational Modeling, Dimensional Modeling, and Modeling of Unstructured Data
- Experience in Design and architecture review is a plus.
- Good understanding of Data integration, Data Quality, and data architecture
- Good expertise in impact analysis due to changes or issues
- Prepared test scripts and test cases to validate data and maintaining the data quality
- Ability to work with Senior Enterprise Architects to develop a Big Data platform only